Child’s Play + Speech
Integrating our approach
Our speech therapy team addresses delays and disorders of speech sound production, various areas of language, voice, fluency, infant and pediatric feeding/swallowing. While early intervention is advised, our program helps children of all ages overcome their obstacles. If you are concerned with your child’s ability to communicate or eat, it doesn’t hurt to ease your worries with a speech therapy evaluation. At Child’s Play Plus, our speech therapy team works directly with integrated treatment plans and goal setting with the ABA and OT treatment teams, as necessary.
Speech therapy interventions include:
- An individualized evaluation, during which the client, family and speech language pathologist determine the child’s goals.
- Customized intervention program that is evidence-based to improve the child’s ability to perform functional skills and reach their communication or feeding goals.
- Regular progress monitoring to ensure that goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan.
You may consider Speech therapy if your child has…
- Developmental Delay
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Learning Disability
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorder
- Tongue/Lip Tie
- Concerns for aspiration or feeding aversion (Dysphagia)
- History of Prematurity and spent time in the neonatal intensive care unit
- History of recurring ear infections
If your child does not have one of these diagnoses, you may still consider a speech therapy evaluation if your child is/has:
- A limited vocabulary
- Having trouble putting words together to make sentences
- Having trouble paying attention to, understanding, and comprehending language
- Having trouble saying words/sounds correctly
- Having trouble with pitch, volume or quality of voice
- Stuttering or has unusual stops/partial word repetitions
- Falling behind in school
Want to get started?
Connect with us and we will guide you through the next steps to beginning treatment for your child. Better care is just the beginning!
Take the next step in your career!
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Take the next step in your career at Child’s Play Plus! We’re helping kids of all ages and abilities through ABA Therapy, Speech + Occupational Therapy. Send your resume to: email@example.com
Visual Cues in Speech
Monday, June 14, 2021
Did you know that visual cues in speech are just as important as hearing sounds. Watching someone speaking helps the learner just as much as hearing them! #speech #kids #therapy #learn #fortwayne #indiana #childsplayplus