Take the next step in your career!
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Take the next step in your career at Child’s Play Plus! We’re helping kids of all ages and abilities through ABA Therapy, Speech + Occupational Therapy. Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visual Cues in Speech
Monday, June 14, 2021
Did you know that visual cues in speech are just as important as hearing sounds. Watching someone speaking helps the learner just as much as hearing them! #speech #kids #therapy #learn #fortwayne #indiana #childsplayplus
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
It’s Donut Day and we’re celebrating the birthdays and work-iversaries for June! Peep those Advocate tees <3 We’re all about supporting our staff, patients and our community! @jacksdonuts #supportlocal #donutday #advocate #team #fortwayne #huntington #indiana #childsplayproud #childsplayplus
Schedule Your Tour
Monday, June 7, 2021
At CP+, our families have full support and access to all services, all under one roof. That’s the perk of the ‘plus’! Schedule your tour today and see for yourself how we play, learn and grow… at Child’s Play Plus! https://childsplayplus.com/contact/schedule-a-visit/ #childsplayplus #support #kids #therapy #fortwayne #indiana #pediatrics
Friday, June 4, 2021
Your June news is here! Read all about it! https://mailchi.mp/9f3aa26e828c/june2021_newsletter #childsplayplus
Our Speech team is growing!
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Our Speech team is growing! Please help us welcome Delaney Keiser to CP+. As a Speech-Language Pathologist in her Clinical Fellowship year, Delaney earned her masters in Speech-Language Pathology from Bowling Green State University. Her clinical experiences include wellness centers for outpatient pediatrics, outpatient clinics, the university clinic and community hospitals in Ohio. Delaney provides patients with personalized care to assist in achieving their goals while providing parents with the support and information needed to help their child grow at home as well. #speech #welcome #kids #therapy #childsplayplus
Happy Memorial Day!
Monday, May 31, 2021
Happy Memorial Day! Let us remember and honor all who have served. #memorialday #thankyou #childsplayplus
Friday, May 28, 2021
We have partnered with the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo to sponsor their interactive Storytime sessions in June! Geared towards preschool aged kids, this 30-minute program is given by zoo staff every Tuesday and Wednesday! Held in the Australia Adventure plaza and FREE with regular zoo admission. Be sure to get a CP+ bookmark to color as we will be having a coloring contest on Facebook! Submit a picture of your bookmark in the comment section of this post to enter our drawing to win zoo tokens! Multiple winners! #childsplayplus
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
One of the many topics that Occupational Therapists cover with their patients are Activities of Daily Living (ADL). Some examples of ADLs for kids would be personal hygiene, dressing, eating/feeding and functional mobility. A lot of people don’t realize how many “occupations” we all have and use each and every day! #themoreyouknow #occupationaltherapy #kids #childsplayplus
Monday, May 24, 2021
Water safety starts with preventative steps! Please review these 5 steps to ensure your child has a safe summer:
1. Review – Communicate clear rules about going near a pool or any body of water with an adult. Let them know what the risks are. For families with a pool at home, the pool should be fenced with an alarm on the gate to alert you if your child attempts to enter.
2. Educate – Learning the rules of a swimming pool and becoming familiar with the surroundings is a great way to introduce your child to this setting. If they are anxious about the water, start small with pool side visits. Next, dip your toes in the water and work your way up!
3. Lessons – Every child should take swim lessons! There are specific classes available to kids with ASD or that have sensory challenges that make it possible for every child to learn to swim. These skills could save their life. If they are excited by the water they will love this experience!
4. Gear – Your child may still require a life jacket or flotation device around the water, even if they don’t plan on swimming. It’s a smart precaution and may offer reassurance when attempting a new skill.
5. Support – Your child looks to you for support and encouragement. Parent’s should be hands-on whenever children are in the water. Even with a confident swimmer, you should remain close.
#childsplayplus #watersafety #summer #autism #kids