Child’s Play + Speech
Integrating our approach
Our speech therapy team addresses delays and disorders of speech sound production, various areas of language, voice, fluency, infant and pediatric feeding/swallowing. While early intervention is advised, our program helps children of all ages overcome their obstacles. If you are concerned with your child’s ability to communicate or eat, it doesn’t hurt to ease your worries with a speech therapy evaluation. At Child’s Play Plus, our speech therapy team works directly with integrated treatment plans and goal setting with the ABA and OT treatment teams, as necessary.
Speech therapy interventions include:
- An individualized evaluation, during which the client, family and speech language pathologist determine the child’s goals.
- Customized intervention program that is evidence-based to improve the child’s ability to perform functional skills and reach their communication or feeding goals.
- Regular progress monitoring to ensure that goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan.
You may consider Speech therapy if your child has…
- Developmental Delay
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Learning Disability
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorder
- Tongue/Lip Tie
- Concerns for aspiration or feeding aversion (Dysphagia)
- History of Prematurity and spent time in the neonatal intensive care unit
- History of recurring ear infections
If your child does not have one of these diagnoses, you may still consider a speech therapy evaluation if your child is/has:
- A limited vocabulary
- Having trouble putting words together to make sentences
- Having trouble paying attention to, understanding, and comprehending language
- Having trouble saying words/sounds correctly
- Having trouble with pitch, volume or quality of voice
- Stuttering or has unusual stops/partial word repetitions
- Falling behind in school
Want to get started?
Connect with us and we will guide you through the next steps to beginning treatment for your child. Better care is just the beginning!
Thursday, January 21, 2021
A persons occupation is anything that they do in a day, everything from sleep to making food and being able to eat it.
One of a child’s occupations is play! Here at Child’s Play Plus our Occupational Therapy providers take a play-based approach with patients! Kids feel like they’re just having fun while we work on their goals.
“Kids are always happy to see me because they get to create obstacle courses and crafts, engage in imaginative play, and try various sensory activities! We get to have fun together while we are meeting goals!” – Monica Phillips, M.S., OTRL | Occupational Therapist at Child’s Play Plus
#childsplayplus #kids #therapy #occupationaltherapy
Thursday, January 21, 2021
Being able to feed yourself is a life skill that everyone should master. Our ABA kiddos get to work on that everyday in our kitchens. Step-by-step they learn how to prepare their own lunch… and boy does it smell good!
#childsplayplus #lifeskills #lunchtime #independence